It's easier than ever to download popular eBooks and eAudiobooks for free to your computer, portable player, eBook reader, tablet, and smartphone from the Maine Infonet Download Library, powered by OverDrive and offered in partnership with other Maine libraries.
What You'll Need:
1. A Library Card.
3. In most cases, you will need to download Overdrive Media Console and/or Adobe Digital editions to read or listen to downloaded material. More instructions on this to follow.
The best place to get started is to watch this Getting Started video. You can also find step-by-step instructions for downloading to you computer or device on the Overdrive Help page. If you are still having trouble, contact the library for the next free iClub meeting where you can get one-on-one help with your device or computer.
Things to Know:
- Lending periods are for 14 days.
- Items are not returned in the traditional fashion. All downloaded items will automatically become inactive on your device after your loan expires.
- You can borrow up to 3 electronic titles at a time.
- You may return items early.
- If an item is already checked out, you will be asked if you'd like to place a 'Hold' on the item. You will receive an email when the item is available for downloading and will be available for 3 days before going to the next person waiting. You may have 3 items on hold at a time.
- You may renew items if there are no holds pending.
Additional information is available in the Download Library Lending Policies.
Where to Find More eBooks and Audiobooks
(limitless & free!):