It's easier than ever to download popular eBooks and eAudiobooks for free to your computer, portable player, eBook reader, tablet, and smartphone from the Maine Infonet Download Library, powered by cloudLibrary and offered in partnership with other Maine libraries.
What You'll Need:
1. A Library Card.
2. A compatible computer or compatible device.
3. In most cases, you will need to download cloudLibrary to read or listen to the downloaded material. More instructions then this to follow.
The best place to get started is to visit the how it works page. You can also find step-by-step instructions for downloading to a Kindle device on the cloudLibrary Kindle Fire page. If you are still having trouble, contact the library for the next free iClub meeting where you can get one-on-one help with your device or computer.
The cloudLibrary system is best experienced through the cloudLibrary App. Simply go to http://yourcloudlibrary.com/index.php/en-us/how-it-works and follow the directions!
You can download the app, called cloudLibrary, in the Playstore for Android devices, the App Store for Apple/ iOS devices, and the Windows Store for Windows devices. For Kindle Fire devices go to http://yourcloudlibrary.com and click on the “available on Kindle Fire” link on the right side of the page.
You can also access the cloudLibrary system using a browser by going to http://download.maineinfonet.org and logging in by selecting your library from the list provided and logging in with your library card.
Things to Know:
- Lending periods are for 21 days.
- Items are not returned in the traditional fashion. All downloaded items will automatically become inactive on your device after your loan expires.
- You can borrow up to 5 electronic titles at a time.
- You may return items early.
- If an item is already checked out, you will be asked if you'd like to place a 'Hold' on the item. You will receive an email when the item is available for downloading and will be available for 3 days before going to the next person waiting. You may have 3 items on hold at a time.
- You may renew items if there are no holds pending.
Where to Find More eBooks and Audiobooks