Technology can be very daunting. It's scary to try things you don't know about! However, with time, it becomes easier. Here are a few resources you can try along the way.
- Want to learn how to use a mouse better? Try Mousercise! This simple series of steps will get you comfortable with using a mouse and navigating a web browser. Click the blue link above to try it out.
- Another great option to get better with a mouse is to play solitare on the computer. Solitare comes free on computers and is a great way to learn how a mouse works.
- Overdrive is the system that helps you download books. They have a great help section on their website.It is located here.
- Rockport Public Library, just down the road, has also done some great video tutorials about Overdrive. You can find them here.
- Need to do research? Try MARVEL! This group of databases, provided for us by the Maine State Library, can help you choose your next great read, look at Consumer Reports for free, or help you find the right knitting pattern. The Rockport link above has some steps for getting you started. Samantha Cote, our Assistant Director, also created this video to help you create a MARVEL account.
- Would you like to brush up on software, such as Microsoft Word or Adobe Photoshop? Going back to work and need a brush-up on resume writing? Prepping to take the SAT or GRE? Learning Express is just one great option for all of those programs, and it's offered for free through the Jackson Memorial Library and the Maine State Library. You can see a video about creating a Learning Express account here.
- This is a great computer training resource. This will help you with email basics, typing tutorials, as well as tutorials on Microsoft Office programs, Apple products and Google products. Best of all, it's free!